Is your son or daughter considering private school? South Shore Learning Lab will familiarize them with their particular standardized test and give them the strategies and confidence to succeed. As schools have become increasingly selective, we know the importance of securing an excellent score. Whether they are taking the ISEE, SSAT, or HSPT – we have just the Cram Session for them. Although each class is geared toward the content and format of each particular exam, all classes share the following characteristics:
– Classes are taught by highly qualified and knowledgeable instructors
– Small class sizes (maximum of 6 students) to help optimize personal attention (there is a minimum of 2 students required to run each class)
– Customized curriculum and personalized instruction in math, verbal, reading comprehension, and essay sections
– Material is divided into manageable lessons so students can master concepts
– Students are given work to complete independently between classes
– Students are taught test taking strategies, time management strategies, and overall tips to alleviate the stress and anxiety leading up to and during the exam
– Each Cram Session is a total of 8 hours of instruction.
Thanks to everyone for a terrific test prep season – we are looking forward to next year! If are still taking tests in January/February, please call or email to inquire about private instruction.
South Shore Learning Lab is very pleased to continue our partnership with Test Innovators!
Included in the cost of ISEE, SSAT, and HSPT classes, each student will be given access to 2 tests: a diagnostic test to be taken before the class starts and another post-test at the conclusion of the class. These tests will give students, parents, and instructors valuable feedback about areas of strength and weakness, helping our instruction to be as individually tailored as possible to each student. Test Innovators have done an outstanding job of creating practice tests that provide incredibly accurate simulations of the actual exams. Students will receive login information via email soon after registering for their class.
South Shore Learning Lab’s students had a wonderfully productive testing season in the fall of 2016/winter of 2017! We were delighted to hear about all of the fantastic scores and acceptances and are looking forward to hearing about more. Students we have worked with have been accepted at:
B.C. High School – Arrupe Division
B.C. High School
Notre Dame Academy
Noble and Greenough School
The Rivers School
St. Paul’s School
St. Sebastian’s School
Xaverian Brothers High School